2020 Police Survey
The Deerfield Police Department is asking all residents to please take a moment to complete the 2020 Community Survey!
The survey is available online at here now through October 31, 2020.
The 2020 survey will help us determine if we are meeting our mission, goals, and are reflection of our core values. We will also evaluate the courtesy, efficiency, and effectiveness of the department. Thank you for your time and interest in assisting the department improve our service to the community.
With respect and dignity, the Deerfield Police Department will provide professional and ethical services through partnership with citizens and proactively identifying risks to Deerfield's quality of life.
The Police Department has identified 9 continuing goals that help accomplish this mission:
- Prevention of crime
- Apprehension of offenders
- Recovery and return of property
- Safe movement of traffic
- Provision of services unavailable from other public and private welfare agencies
- Prevention of substance abuse in the community
- Education of juveniles, informing them of their legal responsibilities
- Education of the public in the steps it can take to reduce the probabilities of becoming the victim of criminal attack
- Participation in the implementation of disaster and disorder services
The Deerfield Police Department strongly believes in the philosophy of Community Policing. We hope that by incorporating the theories of Community Policing within the department, the community will form a partnership with their police and both community members and police officers can work together to form a safe and vibrant community.
Core values guide and inform all of an organization’s interactions and reflect assumptions about the agency’s identity. The Deerfield Police Department has identified the following values needed to achieve goals and objectives.
- Professionalism in day-to-day activities of law enforcement and serving the community
- A community that is safe for its residents and visitors
- A balance of service, training, career development, and personal time that provides staff with the opportunity for success at the work place and home
- Human rights that are the foundation of the country and society