What can I use as bond for my traffic ticket?
As of January 1, 2015 Illinois is a sign and drive state. This means that for most traffic tickets you will be able to sign the ticket instead of posting bond. In the event that another form of bond is required you may post a bond card or cash. If you will be posting cash it needs to be the exact amount that is due. Officers do not carry change in the squad cars, and change cannot be made at the Police Department. Do not mail checks to the Deerfield Police Department. Once you are issued a traffic ticket, then any correspondence you have should be directed to the Lake County Court. If you are mailing payment to the Lake County Courthouse by money order or certified check, make it payable to Clerk of the Circuit Court and mail to 301 Greenleaf Street, Park City, Illinois 60085.

Show All Answers

1. How can I pay my parking ticket?
2. What if I want to dispute my parking ticket?
3. Who should I call to answer questions about my traffic ticket?
4. Who should I call if I have questions about a court date?
5. What can I use as bond for my traffic ticket?
6. Where is the court located?
7. What do I get when I receive a traffic ticket?
8. What are my options when I receive a traffic ticket?