Consolidated Election Day- April 4
The Local Consolidated Election date is April 4, 2017 with polls open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The Illinois State Board of Elections has published a Calendar of Events highlighting important dates leading up to the election.
To learn more about voting basics like early voting, where to vote, request a ballot by mail, district information, and more:
Lake County Voters: Please visit Lake County Voter Power or call the Lake County Voter Registration Department at 847.377.2410.
- Voter registration for Lake County may be obtained by visiting the Lake County Clerk's website . You may also register at the West Deerfield Township building, 601 Deerfield Road.
- In order to register, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older before the next election
- Provide 2 forms of identification- at least 1 of the 2 forms must show your name and current address. Only 1 form of identification may be a piece of mail (e.g. water bill, utility bill) that has been delivered to you.
Cook County Voters: Please visit the Cook County Clerk's Office or dial 312.603.0906.
Political Sign Regulations
In preparation for election day, the Village reminds our residents to be mindful of our political sign ordinance. Because of the difficulty determining where temporary signs can be placed, signs placed in accordance with the following measurements will be considered in compliance:
- Standard or Safety Sidewalks (sidewalks with parkway between walk and curb):
- Signs mustbe at least 5 feet from the house side of the sidewalk.
- Carriage Walks (sidewalks next to street):
- Signs must be placed at least 10 feet from the house side of the sidewalk.
- No Sidewalk:
- Signs must be placed at least 15 feet from the street edge or back of curb.
- Sign Height:
- No higher than 10 feet above curb level.
NO SIGN MAY BE ATTACHED TO TRAFFIC OR LIGHT POLES, UTILITY POLES, FIRE HYDRANTS, OR TREES
For the full Ordinance regulating political signs, please click Political Sign Regulations. Contact the Community Development Department at 847.719.7484 with any questions or to report suspected violations.