Mayor & Board of Trustees
- 7:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Monday of every month
- Village Hall
Second Floor Robert D. Franz Council Chambers
850 Waukegan Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
Calendar / Meeting Schedule
View the online calendar.
Access the print schedule (PDF).
Contact the Board
View Agendas and Minutes.
Term Limits & Additional Staff
The Village of Deerfield is governed by a Mayor and a 6 member Board of Trustees, all of whom are elected for 4 year staggered terms, and who serve without pay. The Board is the legislative body of the Village government. All administrative work is performed under the direction of the Village Manager, who is salaried and appointed by the Mayor and Board of Trustees. All meetings are open to the public.
Public Comment Policy
In 2018, the Village Board approved a new public comment policy as required by State law. For anyone wishing to address the Board on a matter not listed on the Village Board's agenda, the following rules apply:
- No person shall speak during the Public Comment Time for more than three minutes, unless the President designates a longer time period. Generally, the longer time period will apply to all persons participating in the Public Comment Time at the same meeting.
- Each speaker must state his or her name in a clear manner so that it can be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- If a speaker is representing, or speaking on behalf of, an individual, group, or association, the speaker must state the nature of that representation.
- Remarks shall be related to a matter in the purview of the Public Body.
- For speakers desiring to use audio or visual equipment in connection with a presentation, arrangements for such use must be made with the Village in advance of the meeting.
- In the interest of promoting the efficient conduct of public business, speakers should refrain from repeating their own testimony and comments, and should refrain from repeating testimony and comments that have previously been provided to the Public Body by other individuals.
- Speaker time limits may be enforced by the President.
- No person may be discourteous, belligerent, impertinent, threatening, disparaging, or otherwise uncivil. The President may limit the comments of any person who engages in this conduct. No person may continue to speak after the President has taken the floor from that person.
- All questions or statements from the floor must be directed to the President and the Trustees. All others will be ruled out of order.
- If the room has a podium, remarks shall be made from the podium. If no podium, the speaker shall make remarks from the location designated by the President.
- The President shall have the right to interrupt a speaker in order to enforce these Rules or other applicable rules.