Prevent Frozen Pipes
With the current cold spell, it's important to take precautions against frozen pipes in your home. Check out the following tips to prevent your pipes from cracking and bursting:
- Turn off and drain sprinkler/irrigation systems.
- Identify areas in your home that are prone to freezing.
- Know how to shut off your water.
- Close off drafty areas.
- Insulate or wrap heat tape around water pipes.
- Keep cabinet doors open under kitchen/bathroom sinks.
- Run water at a trickle.
For issues regarding a frozen water meter or service line, contact Public Works at 847.317.7245.