Village of Deerfield

Kates Road Bridge Construction to Start

Construction can now start on the Kates Road Bridge following passage of a State budget. The project is funded in part from Federal funds that are passed through the State to Deerfield. With the budget now in place, the Illinois Department of Transportation has lifted its moratorium on road construction projects that involve State money.

It may take up to one week for the contractor, Lorig Construction, to fully mobilize and start work on the project. This delay is not expected to substantially impact the schedule and work is still slated to end by Thanksgiving.

On March 20, the Village Board concurred with IDOT to award the contract to fully reconstruct the Kates Road Bridge to Lorig Construction Company in an amount of $2.01 million. The scope of work for the project is bridge deck replacement, grind and resurface Pfingsten/Kates Road between Lake Cook Road and Waukegan Road, repair any pavement failures, minor drainage improvements, and modernization of the traffic signal at Kates Road and Corporate 500 Drive. The Federal government is paying for 80 percent of the project, with the Village paying the remaining 20 percent.

Deerfield Farmers Market

Food, Friends & Fun Saturday at Deerfield Farmers Market

Don’t forget to stop, shop and enjoy the Deerfield Farmers Market this weekend! Many all-time favorite vendors are coming fully stocked with their freshest fruits, vegetables and flowers. In their first appearance at the Market, Deerfield professional teachers and musicians Sasha and Paul will perform jazz, blues and rock from 9:30 to 11:30. The Deerfield Family Theater will be on hand as will Peace for Pits. July 8 promises to be a great chance to enjoy "Food, Friends & Fun" at the Deerfield Farmers Market.

Follow the Deerfield Farmers Market on Facebook!

Powered by CivicSend - A product of CivicPlus