Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Village has become aware of a rumor that we have changed our guidelines for wearing a face mask when in public. This is not true. Our face covering guidelines have been in place for months and have not been altered.
Recently, the Village Board approved an Ordinance that would allow Police officers to issue tickets for noncompliance with the emergency orders that are in place due to Covid-19, including face covering guidelines, as a last resort. Previously, the Police could enforce the emergency orders, but that would require them to arrest and charge violators. The ticket serves as an alternative and protects officers from having to take physical custody of the violator or result in a criminal record for the violator.
Face coverings are required in the Village when:
1. Working in or patronizing retail stores that are open to the public and when employees have contact with the public, which businesses include, without limitation, grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware and supply stores, financial institutions, laundry services, clothing stores, merchandise stores, when picking up food and beverage establishments.
2. Working in or visiting an indoor construction site.
3. Performing landscape services, including without limitation, while en route to and from a work site or at any time while at a work site, when social distancing of at least six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence cannot be maintained.4. Working in or visiting an indoor construction site.
5. When in indoor common areas of a multi-unit residential, nonresidential, or mixed-use building, including, without limitation, elevators, hallways, lobbies, multi-purpose rooms, and parking garages.
6. When in outdoor common areas of a multi-unit residential, nonresidential, or mixed-use property, including, without limitation, common patios, decks, and parking lots, when social distancing of at least six feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence cannot be maintained. For the purposes of this Section A.6, "members of the same household or residence" shall mean a group of people, whether related or unrelated, who occupy the same dwelling unit on a full-time basis and utilize common cooking, eating, and sanitation facilities.