Social Media Policy
Village of Deerfield Social Media Policy
October 20, 2017
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Village of Deerfield reserves the right to remove content deemed to be in violation of this policy or any applicable law. The following content is prohibited and subject to removal:
1. Defamatory, threatening or profane language.
2. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
3. Sexual content or links to sexual content.
4. Solicitations of commerce.
5. Personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
6. Information which may interfere with or compromise current investigations, police tactics and the safety or security of public safety staff and/or the public or public systems.
7. Promotion or advertisement in favor of, or in opposition to a political campaign, ballot measure or candidate.
8. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
9. Distribution of copyrighted photographs, music, video, graphics or other content without the express permission of the copyright holder.
10. Comments unrelated to the business of the Village of Deerfield or the discussion or material posted by the Village.